Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Staring At The Sun

This evening i resurrected my electric guitar. Sweet memories of the past came flooding back.

Its an old 1999 sunburst coloured Gibson Epiphone with double humbuckers, Ernie Ball strings, and patented Strap Lock. It was the only decent electric guitar i could afford at that time and i loved it to death.

In many ways i still do. ....I remember spending all my free time in highschool jamming with me band mates at the jam studio.........Even at home i would never study. I'd just pluck on the strings or fry up some riffs with my amp and distortion at its max....... I also used to jump around with the guitar and the strap would keep falling off and so the Strap Lock became my best friend. If ur wondering wat i was doin jumping around with my guitar, i shall patiently explain....back then, there were 3 requirements to be a true rock guitarist.....1) Scream and/or growl like lead singers from heavy metal bands 2) Play cool and/or lightning riffs like Steve Vai/Slash 3) Jump like a monkey on ice

Back in the 90's i was into Guns n Roses, Metallica, Pantera, Soulfly, koRn, Rage Against the Machine and a host of pretty heavy bands....in fact, the 1st song i learnt to pluck on an accoustic guitar was Knockin on Heavens door....

As i polished the oxidation of my cables, my mind went back to 1998 when my band had a gig at the Civic Hall in PJ.......It was a Leo Club IU Event and the theme was Titanic....lol....anyways we played "Till I hear from you"-Gin Blossoms and "Israels Son"-Silverchair....it was a rush to hear the crowd cheer and the response!...we moved on to play a host of other gigs...those were the days....

Nowadays my life is just occupied with work and nothing else....often i find myself staring at the sun thinking of nothing but wonderinrg when the day will end or which customer i should visit next...weekends seem boring and lifeless....wat happened to the spice in my life and the enthusiam for the next day?....somehow i seem to have gotten caught in the web of deceit and disguise of the working culture here....My life isnt mundane or lifeless! Im full of energy and enthusiasm ! If i could hit the gym 5 days a week, swim 3 days a week, and walk an average of 5km a day in London, why cant i do it now ?....Damn right i can!....from now on im gona do sumthin bout it....

O shit, its way past sleeping time and i got a long day tomoro....I think i'll procrastinate for now...Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home